Most wanted skills by transport and logistics recruitment agencies
The recruitment industry is highly dynamic, versatile and a challenging market. On one hand, the recruiters are under immense pressure to keep up with the ever-increasing demand for talent and on the other hand they have newer techniques and technology to help them hire better. The transport and logistics recruitment agencies are able to hire better and faster thanks to assistance in various forms.
The one thing that remains to be the biggest key factor in determining the quality of hire is undoubtedly the skills of the candidates. Here are some of the skills that are currently in great demand in the transport and logistics market.
- Valuable industry knowledge: Logistics is an ever-evolving industry, and the candidates that keep themselves updated with the latest trends and practices will score high during the recruitment process. A keen understanding of the industry’s best practices, technology, supply chain etc. shows the candidate’s passion’s for his profession.
- Keen about numbers and analysis: The transport and logistics recruitment agencies rate a candidate’s analytical skills pretty highly. He should be able to read, analyze and interpret data in such a way that it enhances the performance of the company and saves time. A person with such skills will surely be successful in this industry.
- Problem-solving ability: Transport and logistics operations are highly dynamic and thus the candidates who desire to make a career in this market have to be essentially a problem solver. Understanding if and where there is a glitch in the process, he should be able to take quick decisions by addressing the problem. The ability to stay calm in the face of a problem, objective thinking and redesigning the process to ensure the cycle doesn’t stop is what makes a great employee.
- Technically sound: Technology is an inevitable part of the transport and logistics industry. It is an absolute must for a candidate to possess a sound knowledge of the technology in use. Such skills ensure that competent employees are in charge of the supply chain and are capable of handling any unexpected hurdles along the way.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Most of the transport and logistics recruitment agencies require candidates to have good communication skills. As they would be interacting with larger and various teams, they should be highly proficient to coordinate and communicate aptly to ensure that the work runs smoothly. The ability to give and understand clear instructions is vital in this industry as even the slightest of miscommunication will cost time and money to the company.
- Have a cool head on his shoulders: The Transport and Logistics industry is one of those stressful industries where a calm and level head person is highly appreciated. One should be a team player striving and pushing his colleagues to achieve the goal rather than lose his cool for petty issues. The one who has a broader perspective and a higher vision will definitely excel in this market.
To find such skilled candidates, recruiters have a long checklist that covers various skills vital to surviving in this industry. Mock tests are in trend to evaluate how a person responds to challenges and stress. Thus, by sparing a little more time on analyzing the candidate, recruiters can hire highly skilled professionals who will add to the quality and the performance of the companies.